Thursday, July 22, 2010

We've officially moved in

Last weekend, we officially moved into the house. Everything was packed in a hurry, but we got it all moved out of the apartment. Getting it unpacked has been another story. Without a kitchen to put stuff in, unpacking become a challenge. I've got kitchen stuff stacked up in every single room. I tried last night to at least get all the boxes stacked neatly. That's about all I can do at this point. Here, at least, is what the dining room and the bedroom look like without all the "stuff":





The living room looks better than it did but is still a little messy:





The front bedroom is where we have stored most of the stuff temporarily, including the washer, dryer, and kitchen table:



On Tuesday night, Michael and his friend James moved everything out of the kitchen, including the stove, water heater, and sink. So I've been having to wash dishes in the bathroom - not fun. But they had to get everything out so that the kitchen floors could be started yesterday. The tile is looking really nice. Meanwhile, though, we cannot walk on it, not even the dog or the cat, whic which is not easy to do. It also means going through the bedroom to get to the back of the house and not being able to get to the backyard at all temporarily. At least its only for a few days....:




And in case you did not catch that, the hot water heater has been moved out of the house. Yes, that's right, no hot water. Which has become an awesome motivation for me to get up and go to the gym every morning because at least there I can take a hot shower. And the electrician still has not shown up which means I get to pull an extension cord into the bathroom every morning to dry my hair. I hope this doesn't last too much longer.... At least things are moving along and when we are done, I am sure everything will look awesome.
Lastly, I moved my 13-year-old cat, Puddin', in over the weekend. She seems to be adjusting nicely, much better than when I moved her into my first apartment and she wouldn't come out of the closet for two days. Holly is very excited to have her there, although Puddin' is not quite as excited that a new home did not mean a new dog. But she is finding new places to hide from Holly:

No comments:

Post a Comment